Sunday, 22 April 2012
Well, welcome to the world of stamp collecting expedition
- 1. To start a business, you need your materials and tools. In philately, you must:
Stamp album or a picture book -
- A magnifying glass
- A glass container, usually 8 "10" or 10 "by 12" size, soak stamps
- A lot of white paper towels,
- A stamp drying book
- A thermometer
- Heavy Books
These can be found at your local hardware store and post office online. You can also use a watermark detector, but if you're a beginner, it's not really necessary at this time.
Now, the following operations:
If you start from scratch, is the best way to buy stamps using local ingredients. A parcel with 500 or 1000 assorted worldwide stamps are generally available for your post office. This is true for at least $ 3 to $ 6
Not change for you, you could try by traders to buy and sell the "kilo". Pounds of paper on the stamps are sold by weight (one pound) for a certain amount. You can also try to go to shows where stamp, sell the bucket! See http://www.stamps.org dates for the show.
Now you can try to get stamps for free! Here are some quick tips to help you. This will certainly make your stamp hunting more interesting and useful:
- Tell everyone you know that you collect stamps. It is likely that they took all the letters, they begin to age and held them to you. Do not forget to say thanks.
- Do you have relatives abroad? Ask them to give you some (or many) of postage stamps available in this country. If that fails, try asking them to send letters instead.
- Knowledge of a, on a business trip abroad? Holidays in Asia? Going up north? Ask yourself the form of postcards, where they are. Not only do you get the stamps, you get to track the way they should be maintained.
- Get to know your neighbors. It is likely that one of them works in a large enterprise or institution, pour in a lot of letters in everyday life. And if you're really lucky, he said that the next might actually be the person responsible for opening all those letters. You know what?
- The next time you visit the post office, keep your eyes open for stray envelopes that recent visitors have tossed carelessly aside. Many people read and throw their letters in the mail.
- Make friends with other collectors. Trading and sharing not only increases your collection, it also allows you to acquire knowledge and friends.
- Take your grandmother or grandfather, so you can see his old letters. It 's likely that you will get old and rare stamps that you will ever see anywhere.
- According to type
Do you have stamps in a huge box? Now is the time to fix everything. The arrangement is necessary in order to facilitate the registration process. Most of the stamps you have on paper as they cut the mailers. It is necessary to clarify:
- Stamps with white paper
- Stamp paper with the background color
- Postage stamps with (especially red and purple ink)
- Stamp without ink
Allow about 1-2 cm safety margin, if you cut the stamp. Also, try not to cut the holes, so as to reduce the value of your brand.
Do not ever groped peel a stamp from the paper, even if it is loose. Peeling of this kind is a sure way to ruin your stamp. The way to do this is to soak in water.
First, the tank is filled to about half. The water temperature should be about 30-35 ° C. The water to be warm or hot, the possibilities to increase the current color. Enjoy your stamps in the series, about 8 or 10, for about 15 minutes.
Remember: Never put a piece of white paper and a stamp with one color at a time. Stamps with a background paper and colored inks with these stamps usually stain and water can damage the white stamp. Therefore, it is necessary need to protect them from the beginning of some kind.
The way they go with these stamps is to soak the questions individually. Yes, it could be very long and tiring, but eventually you will get the big brands.
After 15 minutes, take a stamp with your fingers and try to support. If there's any resistance, the fall in the water and wait about 10 minutes.
- 5 Dry
After peeling, place the stamps to wait in a paper towel. Unlike in the upper sheet and slightly dry the excess moisture. Pay close attention to how the wet spots are very fragile.
Then store them in plastic page of your stamp album. Put the sheets of blotting paper on top, close the book and printing. Help if you had put heavy books on top, drying of good structure, to ensure good meal. They must be sufficiently dry after 4-5 hours.
If you want to be able to move and mix, you're better off with a bearing album. An album is archival plastic handles that you can keep the stamps and the duplicates.
But if you want to save it right, you can use in a stamp album to mount. It would be a permanent home for your collection to be loved.